About Neglected Tropical Diseases
Neglected tropical diseases, or NTDs, are a group of debilitating infectious diseases that affect over 1.6 billion people worldwide. They disable, disfigure and sometimes kill – keeping children out of school, adults out of work and trapping communities in endless cycles of poverty.
About Youth Combating NTDs
Youth Combating NTDs is a global community of young people who are fighting against Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs). This youth-focused and led initiative, is designed to mainstream the participation of young people within the NTD community across all its activities. Youth Combating NTDs is an initiative of Uniting to Combat NTDs.
The Youth Advisory Board
Youth Combating Neglected Tropical Diseases, is currently looking for young exceptional people to join its Youth Advisory Board, to develop and drive a youth strategy as well as directly advise the Neglected Tropical Disease community on its policies and programmes relating to youth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Youth Advisory Board will help to improve the relevance, mobilization and outreach of different NTD initiatives among young people in endemic and donor countries.
The Board will help the community to improve its response to the needs of youth.
The Board will have a strategic advisory role, working closely with Uniting to Combat NTD’s and other stakeholders working in WASH, Diagnostics, Pharmaceuticals and Government.
The Board will contribute to increase the level and quality of youth participation in the planning, implementation and monitoring of NTD related programmes.
The Board members will represent the youth voice and serve as external faces of the community on various fora which include events, meetings, field visits and media
The Board will consist of 12 members aged 18 to 35 years, who are working or involved with local youth and/or professional organizations in various capacities, in countries were NTDs are prevalent and in donor countries.
Eligible candidates will be identified through an open call based on their work and background in one of the following areas (or any other relevant areas):
- Business – Social/Impact/Other
- Education & Youth Development
- Living with/survivor of one or more NTDs
Board members will be selected based on fulfilling the following criteria, with further information to be given to selected candidates:
- Ages between 18-33 at the time of application.
- Language capacity to understand development concepts and to articulate them clearly (in English).
- Preference will be given to those with strong communication and/or advocacy skills in order to ensure strong youth voices and active participation in meetings.
- Represent a diversity of age, racial and geographic characteristics and an overall gender balance.
- Commitment to support follow up actions and recommendations as outcomes of the Board discussions.
- Willingness to commit personally to the Board’s work and to have the flexibility and availability to participate in meetings and other activities pertinent to the work of the Board.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally and possess valid travel documents.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply online via this link